Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sox lose 6-4

Well at least Penny went six innings last night he was horrible but at least he saved the bullpen a little bit. I am so tired of this Red Sox team when they used to have Manny and they were down two in the ninth you thought oh these guys might just be able to win. Now when they are down two in the late innings the game is seemingly over. Drew came in to pinch hit and walked in the ninth to lead off but then they are in trouble because they have the two weakest hitting players in all of baseball coming up next in Varitek and Lowrie. Great job killing a rally guys. The game is over. I know Ortiz is awful pinch hitting and he is awful against lefties but why not throw him out there he is better than Jed Lowrie or the awful Jason Varitek (who I guess still calls a great game even though his three, four and five starters seem to be getting shelled every time they pitch.)
The offense was awful again last night. The Sox need to pick someone up off of the waiver wire and I'll tell you Paul Byrd is not the answer. They have been giving up too many long balls that's the problem. Victor played well again but the rest of the team looked dead. What makes this even better is that Jason Bay had to come out due to hamstring tightness. That is exactly what they need an outfielder to go on the DL when you don't even already have three healthy outfielders. Rocco can't play everyday, Drew is always on the DL in my mind so really you have 1.5 outfielders who are healthy right now. You can't call Reddick up at least for another nine days so I assume they will demote Billy Traber and call up Chris Carter. The best part about this is that the Sox are going into a huge four game set versus the hated evil empire. Tonight Smoltz needs to pitch the game of his life and I believe in him and they need to shell Joba Chamberlain. Come on Sox I hope you rip the Yankees brains out. Really I have never wanted the Red Sox to win so badly. Kick their butts tonight boys make me proud. Go 9-0 vs the evil empire so far. I am predicting nothing right now we will just have to wait and see

No comments:

Post a Comment